The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Flying high

Morning all.  I am shattered!! Was up to the wee hours of the morning crafting with a few gals.  Yes I stayed up after you left!! I had to finish that card didn't I!?

I used the colours (ish) from this week's Colour Q.  I didn't have the exact colours so I went with the closest match.  I teamed it with the FTL clean and simple sketch.


The background stamp is Unity from a kit of the month.  I wasn't keen on the heart 'clouds' in the middle for this particular card, so I covered them with some hot air balloons from a set from Practicing Creativity.  I added dimensional magic to the balloons and raised them up on dimensionals.  I painted the clouds with white dimensional paint.  At first I had the sentiment stamped directly onto the blue, but we all decided it just looked lost, needed a bit extra colour to pop out, so I added the red strip.  I have to say I really struggled with these colours!

Here is a close up of the balloons.

My next post will be a card for my Dad, so Dad if you are looking then look away now!!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the hot air balloons!!! I feel a shopping "spree" heading my way!!! Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love that you used dimensional paint on the clouds and dimensional magic? That's a new one for me . . . I presume it is like crystal lacquer. Really cute card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good job you did last night on both cards!And staying up after we left??? WOW. But did we have fun! Thanks for the evening.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)