The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

From Trash to Treasure!

I love the blog: How About Orange! There is always fun stuff on there.  Last week Jessica had a tutorial for making your own gift bags from newspapers.  They looked funky and what a great form of recycling.  As we currently live in a town with no recycling facilities, this appealed to me.  I had been hanging onto a mailorder catalogue from a UK company called Joules because it was no ordinary catalogue!  It had these really funky pages interspersed throughout it, a bit like magazine pages.  And so I decided to make a mini gift bag with one of them.  It measures 3 inches tall by about 2.5 wide and an inch deep.   If you decide to give it a go, I would advise setting your eyelets before you fold it and glue it together!


Thought it was quite apt that on the reverse side of the bag it has the word 'Upcycling'.  My daughter decided it would be good for Easter!

Have a great day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)