The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A little bit of sewing

As promised I'm sharing a couple of things I made last week, just trying to catch up!  Busy making and no time to blog!

I have been wanting to try zips for a while.  Back before Christmas I managed to reposition one in a skirt, I've put one in a cushion that I'll be sharing later in the week (that was a bit hap hazard though!) and so I thought I would follow a tutorial on how to do it properly! I followed one written by Florence over at Flossie Teacakes.

It was pretty easy to follow, just wish my computer was next to my sewing machine! The only part I had trouble with was sewing over such a bulky bit wear the zip end and tabs and seams all joined. I had to do that part twice!

In general though I was pretty pleased how it turned out.

I popped one of my labels in!

The second project I'm sharing is another thrift store upcycle.  I found a skirt there that I just loved the fabric of but it was a Aus size 8 adult, so no chance I was going to be fitting into it anytime soon! So instead I made it small enough for my 7 year old daughter, I didn't adjust the length.  Then used some of the leftover fabric to make some binding which I then ruffled and attached to a co-ordinating t-shirt in a heart shape.

That's all for now! Have a nice day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You are just amazing! You are a lady with many talents and sewing is certainly one of them! Great work!

    Hugs,
    Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's lovely - I love the fabric you've chosen too. I love the heart on the t-shirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I am drawn to fabrics too. Right now I have a pretty ruffled skirt that I want to make into an apron. The elastic waist has gone bad and I hate to throw out all that ruffled goodness. Don't know when I'll get around to it - but it's on my project stash. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)