The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

DYSU 15: Scallops


It's week 15 at DYSU and the challenge this week is:
SCALLOPS


I used a cute bunny image from one of our sponsors this week: Stamp Fairy.  Who wouldn't love this cute little character called Clementine!


I made my own scallops by tracing around a diecut on the reverse of my paper, cutting them out and then I just layered them up. I added a piece of brown ribbon under the top scallop to produce a nice straight line to stamp the sentiment above.  I rounded the top corners and stitched around the edge.


I then used the same papers to paper piece the eggs and hair ties.  Clementine is printed onto another patterned paper and I just coloured the nose and ears.


You can check out our sponsors by clicking on the logos below.



  

Make sure to link up your SCALLOPED creation at DYSU.


I'm also entering this into:

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - I love the layered scallops and your paper pieced eggs. Hugs Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, your cards are always sooo stinkin cute! Love this one so much! TFS Janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous, the image is so cute...love the stitching!

    Hugs,
    Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card Jo, lovely paper piecing and all the cheery scallops amazing
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Is there anything you can't do.. all your cards are so inspiring and so beautiful.. I always love coming to your blog to see what you have created.. :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card Jo! Love the scallops and your cute image. Your stitching is perfect too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo, I absolutely love your card. The layout is fabulous and I love all the colors and patterns together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you have made it match

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular card Jo! I love the plain top half versus the crazy bright prints on the bottom. And the paper-pieced eggs just rock!! Love it.
    Hugs,
    PeggySue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card and love the scallops! Thanks for joining us at Creative Belli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fun card, the paper piecing is great! Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Creations challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just saw this on alison's site, and its darling, jo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an adorable Easter card...love the scallops and the sweet little bunny!!! Thanks for playing in the Creative Belli challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sweet bunny and the scallop layers- darling Easter card. Thanks for joining us at the Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards make me smile. The bunny is the best!!
    Your colors show your creative style and your artistic ability is obvious in your designs. These are awesome.
    Sharon
    sharring1477@ msn.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)