The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

DYSU: Make it POP!

Well, what a lot of comments I had last week from the blog hop! Always makes you feel nice, so thank you!

Today the challenge over at DYSU is:
Make it Pop!

I used an image from Stitchy Bear (one of today's sponsors!) called Krizza.  I decided to make her a bit wild with GREEN hair! By the way she is on offer at the mo and reduced by 30% to $2.10!

Given that the theme was to Make it Pop, I made it Pop in three ways: Colour; dimensionals (front image); and pop up (inside - we'll get to that!).  Despite being urged to make it pop in a fourth way by my juvenile family (!) I refrained! but it did lead to some amusing conversations! Makes you wonder who the juvenile is sometimes!


I took a piece of  kraft card and embossed it, but before running it through my machine, I inked up one side of my embossing folder so the ink would transfer to the non popped up embossed bit - oh see I did do four types of popping!! LOL! Then I added a bit more black in on top of some of the embossed bits!

I ruffled a piece of fabric and then sewed it in place on the card.  I'm loving playing with the skin copics, still following the Annika's tutorial that I talked about last week in the Strongman post! Loving the results, maybe if you click on the image above you might be able to see more clearly.


And this is the inside.  I curled up a bit of wire and stuck it to the card and the sentiment so that now it springs off the page!  Added a bit of co-ordinating fabric.



Our sponsors today are:

  


Head on over to the DYSU website to see more of the DT creations and to upload you Popping Creation!

6 comments:

  1. Thats def. a Jo-card! Love ur style (do I write that every week?! If yes: doesnt matter cos I DO!! hehe) and the colours are so funky! TFS Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Jo and clever you to make it pop three ways!! Hugs Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love the image and the colors are fabulous!

    Hugs,
    Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is soooooooooooo gorgeous Jo, fantabulous crad
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular! Love it!! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)