The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Double Sided Reversible Table Runner

I promised my Mother-in-law a table runner for Christmas this year and I finished it just in time!


On one side it is Christmas fabrics arranged in stars following this tutorial by Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts.


I just did loopy quilting.  The white fabric has little white stars on.


I only had one charm pack, so had to adapt the way I made the stars a little bit from the tutorial.  I did cut them to the same size though so I have lots of little inch wide scraps!



Then on the other side I used a Harvest Moon charm pack and created this pattern, which was inspired by a quilt by Naomi. I chopped the squares in half then one side in half again.  Got lots of little bits left over so I can see me putting together some other bits over the coming months.


I have to say these wouldn't be my personal choice of colours (I let me MIL choose her own fabric for the non Christmas side) but I really liked the way it turned out.


I quilted with white thread on the Christmas side and a matching mustard colour on the other side. My quilting needs more practice, in many places I see sharp zig zags instead of nice curved loops and many occasions the stitch length is questionable.  But I have resolved to practice every day on scraps!!


I was so happy that I managed to get it lined up and neatly centralised on both sides  Binded it with a navy fabric that seemed to co-ordinate with both sides.


Thanks for taking a look.
Fresh Poppy Design

7 comments:

  1. Jo thanks for stopping by my blog, I love the table runner and what a great idea making it reversible, I have a table runner kit using the same fabric you used for the stars, I just didnt get around to making it for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo! Your table runner is so beautiful and what a great idea to make it turnable! Christmas time is so short but like this we can use it any time! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that it is reversible. Great job. Found you through a blog link. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great. And I love that it is reversible. It makes it so practical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Never in a million years would it have occurred to me to make it completely reversible, that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)