The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

W.I.P. Appliqué Cushion

Just playing with rough appliqué. I love the look and use it on cards alot. I actually find it harder to appliqué like this as opposed to using the blanket stitch on my machine.


In the process of making my daughter a fun and simple cushion for her room with her name on. 


Love the lobster font I used for her name.   I plan to add some butterflies too. 

You can see the finished item here.

Sharing at WIP Wednesday. 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the fabric you chose for the applique. Honestly, applique always scares me a little, but it has such a great affect. I'd love to see it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to stop by and say what a fantastic name for your daughter!! lol My hubby and I are naming our daughter Jade when she gets here next month around the 18th. Love the rough edged applique--thinking your cushion is going to be pretty awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great pillow. I love the font, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have made the lettering! Is it hard to do? I would really like to learn how to do that :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)