The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dolly Quilt & Valentine Gift!

Finished up making the dolly quilt for my friends little girl using the scraps from the Little Red Riding baby quilt.


I decided to add her name to the quilt.  And to quilt with loopy hearts since we were so close to valentines day!


I tried to keep the design similar to her baby sister's quilt.


Here is the back.




And speaking of Valentine's Day, this is what Cupid brought for me! With a bit of nudging of course!


So far I have found out that it is a Frister and Rossmann Model E from between 1920 and 1937.  I have so far managed how to load up and thread the shuttle bobbin and machine and have sewn a straight line! I just love that it has stood the test of time and still works!

Sharing at:

stitch by stitch
     I Quilt @ Pretty Bobbins

Fresh Poppy Design

6 comments:

  1. The little quilt is great! I keep thinking I should make little quilts. I do make entirely too many mug rugs. I suppose those are just a different kind of small quilt. That sewing machine is sweet! What an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable doll quilt and a lovely thoughtful gift for the big sister of the baby who is receiving the larger quilt. Beautiful old machine. It is a hand crank? You turn the wheel on the right by the handle to sew? This must take some good hand coordination. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind word and a thread trail back to your quilty goodness ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, aren't you a lucky gal receiving that gorgeous sewing machine as a gift...I must say I am a tad jealous!! Your quilt oozes gorgeous colour and cuteness. It really is adorable. I love the colours and fabrics, they sing the cheeriest of songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I love these fabrics. Is the border fabric from the same line? It looks perfect and it is super cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! love those fabrics. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet doll quilt and congrats on the new machine! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)